Enjoy the 2017 Solar Eclipse In Bonneville County, ID
On August 21, 2017, at 11:33 a.m. Bonneville County will experience a total solar eclipse. This rare event will not happen again for over 400 years. We hope that everyone visiting Bonneville County will have a safe and memorable experience. Due to the large amount of visitors expected in our area we caution everyone to review the following information and ensure that you are prepared to safely enjoy this once in a lifetime experience.
General safety information:
- An extremely high volume of traffic could mean extended travel delays following the eclipse. Be prepared with adequate fuel and water in your vehicle at all times.
- WEAR PROTECTIVE EYEWEAR. You must have protective eyewear to view the partial phases of the eclipse. Plan ahead.
- High communications demand could impair cell phone use. Plan for compromised service.
- August is often the peak season for fire danger. Use extreme caution with any type of fire use. Always completely extinguish all camp fires after use. Aerial fireworks are prohibited in Idaho.
- For more general information and Local Events: http://eieclipse.com/
|Non-emergency phone number:
- Car: https://www.ready.gov/car
- Airline: https://www.tsa.gov/travel & http://www.tsatraveltips.us/
- Train: http://wikitravel.org/en/Tips_for_rail_travel
- Bus or Train: http://getawaytips.azcentral.com/general-rules-safety-traveling-buses-trains-1549.html
- General: https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/news-features-and-safety-tips/Pages/Travel-Safety-Tips.aspx
- Interstate 15 Construction 2017-2018 http://itd.idaho.gov/I-15construction/
Other helpful links:
Nat’l Weather Service/Pocatello office: http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/pih/
NWS Travel Tool: http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/wrh/travel/?wfo=pih
Public Health: https://eiph.idaho.gov/
Food Safety & Preparedness Ideas: https://www.ready.gov/food
In the event of Heat Related Problems: https://www.ready.gov/heat
- Though most new cell phones will automatically receive emergency alerts, to better ensure your safety while visiting Idaho, we recommend you sign up for alerts in the county you will be staying in during your visit.
- Link to enroll: https://public.coderedweb.com/cne/en-US/D95E75D7DC17
Check out these websites for Bonneville County Cities:
- Idaho Falls - http://www.idahofallsidaho.gov/
- Ammon - http://b.ci.ammon.id.us/
- Iona - http://www.cityofiona.org/
- Ucon - http://www.cityofucon.us/
- Swan Valley - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swan_Valley,_Idaho
- Irwin - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irwin,_Idaho
Other “Eclipse” Counties in Southeast Idaho:
- Jefferson County - http://www.co.jefferson.id.us/
- Madison County - http://www.co.madison.id.us/
- Teton County - http://www.tetoncountyidaho.gov/
Disclaimer: 8B OEM offers this information as potential sources of information for the indicated topics. 8B OEM receives no compensation or reimbursement for any of the recommended sites. This list is not intended to be all-inclusive regarding information about the indicated topics; we also recommend you do your own research.